On average, 3 out of 5 people sometime suffer from back pain, but how does this actually start? This back pain is usually caused between the lower ribs and the buttocks, ie the lumbar region. Usually this is due to overloading of the dorsal vertebrae, this can be due to the incorrect lifting of heavy objects or due to a bad sitting or sleeping position.
Other causes of a painful back are:
- A broken vertebrae, better known as a hernia;
- The spine can wear out, just like knees. This is called osteoarthritis;
- An inflammation can also arise from the weights in the back;
Tips to correct back pain:
- Give your lower back enough rest, did you have a hard day? Do not overload your back, but keep moving! Otherwise, the lower back becomes too stiff.
- Do not try to make sudden movements
- Keeps a good sitting and sleeping position, so sit upright and keep your back straight while sleeping.
- Do not try to turn your back and avoid bending, if you bend from your knees.
- Sleep with a kneepillow to reduce back pain while sleeping.